Join the Journey Home
If I can say it in one word it's
Yoga is coming Home to yourself, to learning how to love your whole self, which means getting to know and love the hidden parts and images of yourself that have been trying to get attention, loving the gifts and talents and the parts that are well known. Learning to hold tension and yoke the tensions of opposing parts of yourself is a practice which we cultivate when practicing yoga.
Commitment to Practice and Relationship to Self
The way HOME is to commit (tapas a firey discipline and the act of showing up as you are in the momnet) to building a relationship with yourself; your physical "finite" self and your "infinite" spiritual self.
If you are ready to commit time, energy, and resources into creating a new foundation for your well being, then we can help!
Here are 4 ways to get started! Click on any of the options below to learn more.
1. Customized Private Sessions utilize Yoga technique, philosophy and Vedic Thai bodywork designed for you to so you have personal tools for your in studio or in home practice.
2. Assisted Vedic Thai Yoga aids in grounding the energetic body, in a safe place for realization of our true nature and wholeness. It is assisted movement and stillness, so the receiver may focus on breath work to nourish and to let go.
3. Yoga Teacher Mentoring Program, giving you access to support and encouragement while you continue to integrating and build your personal practice after Yoga Teacher Training. Specializing in the integration of spiritual life and practical life through continued application of the 8 Limb Path.
4. Personal Practice Courses provide you with yoga technique, philosophy, and practical tools to build a sustainable personal practice that starts with understanding How and Why we need strong Yoga foundations before our spirit feels steadiness to grow.
5. Group Classes provide community space to clear and hold space for you to meet yourself and your practice. A place to practice what you are learning i private and program sessions.
TO TEACH students to CONNECT with the body and inner wisdom, CHOOSE SELF LOVE and CREATE BALANCE through the application 8 limb path of yoga
TO GUIDE practitioners to be CURIOUS, DISCOVER, and ACT from the wisdom of their own inner voice.
TO ENCOURAGE PLAY as a way to develop and understand BALANCE, harmony, and contentment with the concepts of duality in life.
Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self,
to the self.
~ Bhagavad Gita
Owner of Yoga Underground
500 hr Yoga Teacher
Lead instructor for One Yoga YTT
Creator of Building a Home for Spirit
Inspired by Balance, Integration of Opposites, and Courage to Express the Inner World With Love.
Follow the Studio
What Our Students Are Saying
Yoga Underground is an intimate space that offers so many different classes and workshops, My favorite is on Sunday morning where the opportunity to explore alignment with your own body type has provided me with so much information. As I move into my late 60's I feel that body work is also an essential part of my wellness program; the Assisted Thai Yoga is incredible. These are just a few reasons I am so grateful that Yoga Underground exists.
Nora, since 2015
My profession demands physical strength and symmetry, but it's not easy for me to make time to care for my body. Self-care is a learned skill, and Yoga Underground is my number one choice for support. The teachers are such high quality, I can fully surrender when I come to class. To say that practicing at Yoga Underground is worth the time and investment is an understatement, for I have seen truly transformative work happening in this studio. It is beautiful to witness. I recommend this studio to anyone looking to take positive action in their lives.
Hanne, since 2017
I started doing private sessions with Danielle in 2018. At that time, I faced some life changes, had one big surgery and was waiting (and dreading) for another operation. My body was weak and my mind was uneasy. Looking back, doing yoga with her has been one of the most positive decisions I made for a very very long time. Her techniques and patience helped me to get my body stronger and relaxed my mind, even to get better sleep. I do believe that my yoga practice has helped in some important ways and learning yoga with Danielle has helped me to be more aware and in control of my body. It also helped me to relax my mind and let go of my worries. Most importantly, it helped me to discover the connection and relationship between our body and mind; how they influence each other and make us whole. This has been a journey of self-discovery for me and I am glad I found Danielle as my mentor. She is not only very knowledgeable and experienced, but also very open, warm, and empathetic. I enjoy her guidance and company. I am looking forward to have more sessions with her.
Xi, since 2018
Yoga Underground is my home away from home! Its is truly built on love, compassion, and understanding. There is a class for everyone. Each class addresses your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being!! I am amazed by the insight they impart and the impact it has on my daily life. Come take a class, grow, repeat!! You won't be disappointed!!!
Dorothy, since 2013